No matter if we are indicated by the charterer and/or the owner, when we are nominated as a consignee agent our goal is to provide a smooth port call, representing and protecting the interests of our principals with local expertise.
We act on behalf of our clients as they would have their own structure in the Brazilian Ports, always ahead of the problems that could arise, minimizing vessels turnaround.
Fast and trustable information, good flow of communication and the right devices are our differentials to give our clients tools for the right decisions at the right time.
Our main tasks and responsibilities are, but not limited to:
• Daily follow up of port status, line ups, vessels prospects and cargo readness;
• Supervise and coordinate the documents issuance with all the related parties;
• Real time report of loading and/ or discharge operations;
• Provide operational solutions and competitive rates to minimize costs with transparency;
• Strong connections and professional relationship with port authorities;
“GEM Shipping is a trusted business partner for Alcoa. We always receive timely information and pertinent updates for each vessel call. Every GEM staff member at each location is a pleasure to work with. We appreciate the dedication and professionalism GEM exhibits daily.”